Maintaining Your Certification
Privacy issues continue to change—and now it’s more important than ever to stay ahead of the curve. That’s why we require continuing privacy education (CPE).
To stay certified—and therefore awesome—you’ll need to complete at least 10 hours of CPE per year. You’ve already earned a global credential that sets you apart; now keep it polished.
How to earn CPE credits
There are lots of ways to earn CPE credits, but here’s a list of 5 easy (and some even free) options that you’re probably already doing anyway:
- Attend IAPP conferences, including IAPP web conferences (You can get all 10 credits just by listening in to our free-for-members web conferences!)
- Go to KnowledgeNet chapter meetings (also free for members!)
- Train online for another IAPP certification
- Read from our approved privacy bibliography
- Teach, speak or write about privacy