Prepare for your certification in 5 steps.
They say nothing worth doing is easy. Earning your privacy certification is a good example. It’s not easy, but with proper preparation, you’ll find that it’s attainable and well worth the effort.
Looking for IAPP training? You can find everything here.
We recommend that your preparation include the following:
- Self-assess. Look at the certification body of knowledge and exam blueprint to identify the areas where you need the most work. The body of knowledge is a comprehensive outline of all the subject matter covered on the exam. The exam blueprint gives you an idea of how many questions from each topic area you can expect.
- Read the textbook. Enough said.
- Train. You wouldn’t get off the couch and run a marathon—you need to train first! Find a training class in your area or get the convenient online version.
- Learn in context. Privacy doesn’t exist in a vacuum. Read our privacy publications, check out what’s happening on our blog and try out the tools people are using in the resource center.
- Practice, practice, practice. When you think you’re ready, take the practice test to see how you do. And if you find you’re not quite ready yet, repeat steps 1–4.
In general, we recommend that you study for a minimum of 20 hours in advance of each exam. Now it’s time to get cracking!
Still have questions about exams? Read the IAPP Certification Information Candidate Handbook to find out everything you ever wanted to know about IAPP certification.
Looking for a privacy training class schedule? Click here.